English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing need to view websites on mobile models, websites needs to be adaptable to a whole bunch of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get most likely essentially the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate important processes, and make your life easier normal. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Research up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping website bloat for greater client experience whatever the client’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you research to explicit tutorials, harking back to setting up gallery, map internet web page, and merchandise internet web page.
* Research when to rely upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Research quite a few navigation methods, harking back to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make footage reply to completely totally different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Acquire dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and check out your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.